The seminar aims at trainers, teachers and assessors,
who want to offer courses and examinations to assess earth building competences, as well as craftsmen, planners and other interested parties.
You will acquire skills and knowledge on:
- earth building materials: experiments (CraTerre), hand testing methods, exploratory exercises.
- Introduction to rammed earth techniques
- Composition of rammed earth: grain structure, binding agents, organic aggregates
- Production of rammed earth mixtures; quality requirements for mixtures and rammed earth components
- Comparison with products
- Determination of suitable installation moisture
- Overview of common laboratory tests
- Development of recipes, production and evaluation of test cubes
- Presentation of contemporary rammed earth construction projects
Further practical exercises will exemplify the implementation in rammed earth construction: the production of rammed earth wall elements and the repair of rammed earth walls.
The program is supplemented by a visit to rammed earth building elements and the Gnevsdorf clay museum.
Teachers and trainers will receive an introduction to the Lern●Lehm certifications, the European Qualifications Framework (EQF) and the European Credit System in Vocational Education and Training (ECVET). Lern●Lehm facilitates transparent and transferable certificates for green building techniques.
The course offers the opportunity to exchange with clay building experts from other European countries. The course is held in English and German.
You will have the opportunity to take an exam on
Unit M - From raw clay to clay mixes /focus on rammed clay, EQF- Level: Level 3 of the European Qualifications Framework.
More about ECVET earth building at: https://ecvetearth.hypothesis.org/
Burkard Rüger, civil engineer, earth and straw bale construction, Plau am See
Jörg Depta, rammed earth builder, Berlin
Jörg Depta, Fa. Lehmbauwerk, Berlin
Irmela Fromme, clay and fine plasters, Berlin/Bremen
Uta Herz, European School of Earth Building, Wangelin
Date: Monday, July 20 (arrival day) - Saturday, July 25 (departure day).
Course duration: 36 hours
Start: Tuesday 9 a.m., end: Friday 4 p.m.
Languages spoken: German, English
Course fees: 680 EUR certificate included
Registration: Please register at the latest by June 20 / 6 - 8 places.
European School of Earth Building | FAL e. V.
Dorfstraße 27, 19395 Ganzlin OT Wangelin
Tel.: 0049 (0)38737 337990
19395 Ganzlin OT Wangelin
|course fee||€ 680,00|
|course fee partner discount||€ 510,00|
|course fee reduction when booking the 5th course||€ 408,00|
|course fee supported by Bildungsprämie (learning bonus)||€ 340,00|